Do you discuss money with your children?
How good is your financial literacy?
What messages are you passing on to your children about money, how it works, how its made and how to ensure there is enough.
HOW TO TALK MONEY WITH CHILDREN
- Be transparent — it breeds better decision making.
- Start with stories about good, bad or funny financial decisions.
- Express yourself and ask the children how they feel about money talk.
- Make money conversations about being better rather than trying to beat yourself up.
- Focus on the family’s long-term wealth and stability rather than individuals.
Check out the attached video for some tips on how to help with your children’s financial literacy.
Click on the image to read the full article on 'Why parents avoid talking about their money with their children.'